Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Speaking of Shoes...



I picked up the blue suede shoes you see above over a year ago. I justified the purchase to myself in a few ways. First, I was out of town visiting a friend on a mini-vacation, so I felt like spending a little bit of cash. Second, they were on sale. Third, while I have a shoe collection so expansive and to which I'm so attached that my poor girlfriend probably wonders if I'd save them in a house fire before her, I didn't own any colored shoes.* It seemed like a good time to take the plunge.

As I stated in my previous entry, shoes can make or break an outfit. It's certainly a good idea to have a small collection in your closet: black dress, brown dress, a couple of casual shoes, some athletic sneakers, and a pair of sandals are enough to get most people by. Lately though, colorful shoes have become very popular for men and can make the difference between a bland outfit and a fun, more interesting one.

That's exactly what these camp moccasins do: provide a fun, light-hearted alternative to your run-of-the-mill footwear. Case in point: I wore these with rolled up light tan khakis and a slim-fitting pink polo shirt. Any casual shoe could have worked, from a brown penny loafer to a white sneaker. The blue, on the other hand, offers a pop of color in an otherwise minimally colorful dimension. Instant swag.

Try it out for yourself, but only if you're comfortable spending the money and, more importantly, if you already have the basics of your shoe wardrobe covered. There's no sense building a house with the attic first, and the same goes for your shoe collection.

*Is it better to say "shoes of color?" I'm stumped on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a forum for me and anyone else to discuss men's style, share ideas, and ask/answer questions in an adult, civilized manner. As such, any comments that deviate from these guidelines will not be published. Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to hearing from you.